- American Highland Cattle Association
- North Central Highland Cattle Association
- Ventura Locker – our local locker, who will walk you through all the things you need to know about selecting the best way to process your order of Highland beef.
- USDA Heat Stress Forecast – A new favorite that highlights not just temperature, but actual risk for cattle heat stress in our region.
- Highland Cattle Talk Podcast – One of the few resources we’ve found dedicated to talking specifically about Highland cattle!
- Temple Grandin’s Guide To Working With Farm Animals – Temple is an amazing woman and her insight into animal behavior has shaped many livestock breeders and how they work with, not against animal instincts. She even shares specific examples of setting up simple and efficient livestock handling facilities.
- Breakdown of Ordering Beef Direct From the Farm – This is one of the most detailed breakdowns we’ve found about the process for ordering local beef! Beef in the video was raised by one of our fellow Highland breeders.
- ISU Extension Animal U Online Courses – Designed for 4-H’ers, Animal U has easy to follow content for the beginner through advanced, and even content geared toward getting ready for the show ring!